This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Full name of legal entity: Maqta Gateway LLC
Email address: [ Margo@maqta.ae ]
Postal address: [P.O.BOX 32386]
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Our website and portal contains details of third-party providers, websites, plug-ins and applications.
Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-parties and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
When you leave our website, or engage with third parties through our portal, we encourage you to read their privacy policies before you share any personal data.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
• Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, date of birth and gender. For some services, we also collect information in relation to your nationality, passport number, passport expiry, Emirates ID and Emirates ID expiry.
• Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
• Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
• Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
• Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
• Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data could be derived from your personal data but we do not consider this to be personal data as this data should not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with the portal services).
For customers this means that we may not be able to offer access to quotation and clearance service providers. If you are a service provider on our platform, this could mean that you are unable to market or supply your services to customers using our portal.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
• Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
•apply for our products or services
• create an account on our website
• subscribe to our service or publications
• request marketing to be sent to you
•or give us feedback or contact us
• Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We may collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
• Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources.
We will only use your personal data with your consent or when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
• For our legitimate business interests (or those of a third party) in order to further develop and improve our services and offerings.
• To provide you with updates on new products and solutions offered by our group of companies.
• Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising as set out below.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data and order history to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased services through our portal.
We will not share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes but please note that if you opt to receive services by a third party on our platform, we do not control how they utilise your data and this may include for marketing purposes. Please refer to your agreement with any such third party for further information.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that no further marketing material is sent to you.
We use these cookies on our website to collect information about how you browse the site. The cookies track information such as the number of visits, duration of visit, destination page, bounce rate and other general information.
We use the information collected by the cookies to measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below:
• Internal third parties – parties that are within the same group of companies as Maqta Gateway.
• External third parties – parties that provide professional services to us such as IT, design, auditing and legal services.
• Customers and service providers – for both customers and service providers, we may share your personal data with actual or prospective counterparties on the portal in order to provide the portal services to you.
• At the request of law enforcement, regulators or governments departments and agencies, or if required to bring or defend legal proceedings.
We require all recipients to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We do not regularly host your personal data outside the United Arab Emirates but may transfer it out of the jurisdiction if such transfer is required for the provision of services to you. By requesting, ordering or providing services through us, you expressly acknowledge and consent to such transfers.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the internet is not always completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.